Saturday, June 12, 2010

TOT School Week Four


Thang One and Thang Two are 10 months old
Tot School

Thanks to my amazing photographer friend Sarah Holt (she is an awesome photographer in the Austin, Texas area, you should check her out) my pictures look better!

This week we worked with puzzles. Here they are playing with a Melissa and Doug sound puzzle. It took Two a little longer than One to get the hang of picking up the pieces, but once she did, she loved playing with this. They really can't put the pieces back in the puzzle right now, but they loved picking them up. And they loved the sound the puzzle made when I put them in for them.



We also played with this shape puzzle

I put some kitchen stuff in baskets for them to play with. They seemed to like looking through these. They love to put things in and out.






We have not started with TOT Trays yet, but I did rearrange our bookshelf to put some toys out for the girls and I will switch them out whenever they get tired of something. This week I had the puzzles we played with, stacking cups, and the baskets.



When we played with the stacking cups Thang One got it. I was so excited. One day she just picked them up and instead of banging them together or chewing on them, she started putting one cup in another one. Then I showed her how she could put those two cups in another one. Now when she plays with these she always tries to stack one into another one. I love watching her try to stack the bigger cups into smaller ones. I can just see the wheels turning in her pretty little head!

Thang One's new favorite game is to give people things so we have been working on the sign for thank you this week. She still doesn't do any signs, but Two has More down for sure!!

3 comments:

  1. aaw so cute and great you are inroducing them to a variety of learning experiences so young! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! How soon did you start TOT School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around 9 months. It might be a little early. Most people start around a year, but I was getting bored! This gave me something to plan with my teacher brain!!

    ReplyDelete